Monday 21 October 2013

How To Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Official Stock Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Using Odin?

galaxy s advance android jelly bean 4.1.2
Yesterday my friend brought his Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 to update to Official Stock Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2. He was really suffering with many hangs and lags with his previous firmware Android Gingerbread. After Flashing Official Android 4.1.2, Now the phone is really smooth in touch and performance. The update will bring Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 like TouchWiz Nature UX UI, improved battery backup and some performance tweaks.

You can update your Galaxy S Advance to Official Android 4.1.2 via OTA or using Kies. If both of the methods not working to you follow this post to manually update Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070 to Official stock Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 using Odin v1.85.

Note:
1. Backup your important data.
2. Enable USB debugging in your phone.
3. Battery must have 60% or more charge.
4. Disable or Exit Antivirus and Kies if you are installed.
5. Your PC must install Kies or Galaxy S Advance driver.
6. This method is only tested with Galaxy S Advance I9070 International version.

How To Update Galaxy S Advance to Official Stock Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Using Odin?

1. Download latest Galaxy S Advance Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 for your country here.

* If you have any trouble finding firmware from the link, just comment below with your country, then i will post the firmware link.

2. Extract the downloaded firmware zip.

3. Download Odin v1.85 - Download

4. Now, Extract and Open odin3 v1.85.exe.

5. Power off Galaxy your phone.

6. Now boot into download mode. ( Volume down + Home + Power )

7. In download mode connect your phone to PC.

8. Now look in to Odin... ID:COM box, it will be yellow with a port name and Added! message will be displayed.
( If not it will the problem of driver or USB ... check both )

galaxy s advance jelly bean 4.1.2

9. In Odin..Click PDA button and browse to the extracted firmware folder and select the tar.md5 file eg. I9070XXXXXX_I9070XXXXXXX_HOME.tar.md5 finally Click Start button.

10. After complete update Odin will show PASS on top left and phone will reboot. now unplug phone from USB.

That's it .... Done .

If you want to root the S Advance i9070 Android 4.1.2, follow the below post.

Galaxy S Advance i9070 Android 4.1.2, Root And Delete Unwanted System Apps To Speed Up The Device.


4 comments:

  1. firmware needed. country - india. PDA: I9070DDULP8, Phone: I9070DDULP8, CSC: I9070ODDULP8. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FIRMWARE NEEDED! Country - Malaysia. PDA: 19070DXLK2, phone: 19070DXLK2, CSC: 19070DXLK2. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. @DhaniyahSopian
    Firmware Info
    Model: GT-I9070
    Country: Malaysia
    Version: Android 4.1.2
    Product Code: XME
    PDA: I9070DXAMD1
    CSC: I9070OLBAMD3
    MODEM: I9070DXAMD1

    Android 4.1.2 I9070OLBAMD3_XME

    ReplyDelete